Quick turkey pies


Spent the day taking the Christmas tree down. Not one of my favorite chores but it had to be done. After I got that out of the way I made some turkey pies. Super easy and fast. My design was a little messy but I kinda like the way they turned out. It was late and we were hungry so I got them in the oven quickly.

I made the dough in my mixer. Used the whisk attachment. Followed the Crisco dough recipe. Quick and easy.  Dough recipe found here.

You can use anything for the filling. Mine usually consists of turkey gravy if I have any leftover. Can of condensed mushroom soup, turkey cubed, frozen peas and carrots (no need to defrost them,) .  You can use anything you have!

Don't over mix your dough. I leave it crumbly then form or into a ball. 
Divide the ball of dough in four. Use each quarter for one pie (one pie consists of dough on the bottom and top crust),  I cooked the pies for about 35-40  minutes at 375 and egg washed the top a couple of times while cooking.  Basically once the tops are golden brown and some of the filling is bubbling out they are ready! 


Comments